Salary arrears tax relief in ITR Babin, 02 Aug 2013

Can I get relief for salary arrears of previous year? How do I get it in e-filing?

Fintotal Answer

Yes, you can get tax relief on salary arrears or advance if it increases your tax liability compared to what it would have been if you had received it in the relevant previous year. There is a cell allocated for Relief under Section 89 in Tax Computation part of ITR forms where you can put the relief amount to get the tax relief while e-filing returns. Refer to to know how to calculate tax relief on salary arrears.

No Comment Posted

All Tax Queries

Get the all financial products under one roof only at

you will NEVER GO WRONG with us!

Unbiased . Best Deals . Appropriate Products . No Mis-selling