Filing income tax returns of past years Charu, 26 Aug 2013

I have not filed my returns for previous 3 years. I want claim refund in AY 2013-14 for last year's income tax. While I file returns for FY 2012-13 can I file for past years? How many years past returns can I file belatedly?

Fintotal Answer

You can file returns for 2 previous years. This means in Assessment Year 2013-14 you can file income tax returns for Financial Years 2012-13 and 2011-12. Other things to keep in mind is that for FY 2012-13 if any tax is left to be paid you need to pay it along with interest of 1% for as many months past the due date, in case Advance Tax was payable by you.

No Comment Posted

All Tax Queries

Get the all financial products under one roof only at

you will NEVER GO WRONG with us!

Unbiased . Best Deals . Appropriate Products . No Mis-selling