Advice on where to invest for very short term for tax saving purpose Manoj George, 01 Jan 2013

I am planning to buy a house in India and may be required to make the payment soon in dollars, which I wish to convert into rupees. Can I invest these rupees in some liquid funds? What will be the best short-term investment (1-2 months) and what will be its tax implications?

Fintotal Answer

Since you want to park your money for 1-2 months, ultra short-term bond funds or liquid funds may be good options. For the taxation point of view, if you opt for a dividend option, a dividend distribution tax (DDT) of 13.84% is levied on debt funds. In case of the growth option, you sell the units before a year and there is a gain, short-term capital gains tax is applicable. Read article named Facts about Capital Gains Tax on our website.

No Comment Posted

All Mutual Fund Queries

Get the all financial products under one roof only at

you will NEVER GO WRONG with us!

Unbiased . Best Deals . Appropriate Products . No Mis-selling