Your capital losses from previous eight tax assessment years can be set off against capital gains you have made on selling Gold ETF/mutual fund units.
All Gold FAQs
- Can I trade in Gold without actually buying physical gold?
- Which one would be the best option to invest- E-Gold, Gold Mutual Fund, Gold ETFs or Jewelry/Gold coins?
- How much percentage of my investment portfolio should be allocated to Gold?
- What is Capital Gains Tax?
- What is the difference between Long term and Short term capital gains tax?
- What about liquidity of Gold ETFs?
- How can one trade in gold futures in India?
- Under Capital Gains tax, can long term loss in equities be set-off against long term gain in equities in the next financial year?
- What is the difference between tax exemption and tax deduction?